Sister Reed's Contact Info

wreed@myldsmail.net

1002 Amelia Station Way #202
Clayton, NC, 27520

Monday, March 16, 2015

Temples are the greatest!



On Friday we went to the Raleigh, NC temple and it was fantastic! It was a little bit of a sacrifice because we had to wake up a 5 am and drive 4 hours down there, but it was worth it! We didn't get home until 10:15 which was just in time for our bedtime. We were very tired the next day, pero asi es la vida de una misionera. You are always tired on your mission. On the way down to the temple I was in the car that arrived last. We got there at 10:55 for the 11 session so we ran inside and changed in 60 seconds. As I walked into the Endowment room it was one of the coolest sights to see a room filled with missionaries all dressed in white. That was an experience that I will never forget.
The Raleigh temple is TINY. You San Diegans are some lucky ducks. Take advantage of the San Diego temple! I would say it's my favorite temple just because it's the first one I went through, but now that I've been to a few other temples the San Diego is definitely the biggest and prettiest one yet.
The reason we went to the temple was for our zone conference which was centered on family history, temples, and eternal marriage. We're working on getting people interested in the gospel through family history work. Familysearch.org is awesome and it's a great tool to find the work that needs to be done for your ancestors. You all should try it out if you haven't already.

Our week was a little slow, but that just gave us more time to knock on doors and meet some more people. My Spanish is improving so my trainer makes me talk to people now which is good because the only way I'm gonna learn is if I do it. On Saturday it was pouring down rain as we knocked on doors. There was one door we knocked on where the guy was outside so we stood in the rain and talked to him for about five minutes. He seemed like a really nice guy. Hopefully, we'll have a chance to teach him this week.

I love being a missionary and I keep having dreams that I'm going home. So I think that means I need to take advantage of my time because it really is not very long. I am learning a lot and my testimony is definitely growing. Thank you for all of the support and the love.

I hope you all have a great week!
Hermana Reed

P.S. My mission president and his wife are the greatest people I have ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment