Sister Reed's Contact Info

wreed@myldsmail.net

1002 Amelia Station Way #202
Clayton, NC, 27520

Monday, March 9, 2015

I Will Tell You By The Holy Ghost Whatsoever Thing Ye Must Do



Hola!

This week went by really fast! But it was a great one. I had some amazing experiences this week with following the promptings of the Holy Ghost. The Spirit is really such a great gift that Heavenly Father has given to us. It is an amazing feeling to know that I am being led by the Spirit as I do the Lord's work.

One of the experiences I had was with one of our new investigators. We found her as we were knocking doors a week or two ago. When we went to teach her, one of her friends that lives with her and her husband was there. So we invited him to join us and he said sure. He did not look interested at all though. He did not want to participate and he looked like he wasn't really listening or paying attention. BUT, at the end of the lesson we asked if one of them would like to say the closing prayer. Delmy said no so we asked her friend and of course he said no, but we really felt like he needed to say the prayer. So my companion explained to him how simple prayer was and showed him the page in the pamphlet that has the steps. He still kept saying no. So my companion said that I can say a pray first to demonstrate and then he can do it. So I said a short prayer and STILL he refused. I kept feeling like I needed to say something but I didn't know what to say, but I knew that I would have help. So as I opened my mouth words came out (in Spanish) and what the Holy Ghost put into my mouth was just what Francisco needed to hear and HE PRAYED! After the prayer he had a change of disposition and he started asking where the church was and when we met. It was a cool experience.

I am really loving to being a missionary. I don't remember if I have told you all about the new goal my mission president has for us. They are called I.O's (invite others). It has been the best thing for me because it is helping me learn to talk to everyone. An I.O. is when you invite a non member to do something that was outside of a lesson. So pass along cards, pamphlets, coming to church all count as I.O's. And with these I.O's miracles have been happening. Missionaries are finding investigators, investigators are keeping commitments, our mission is thriving. The Lords is blesses us for our efforts to share the gospel with everyone.

I love you all! I hope you have a great week!

Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment