Sister Reed's Contact Info

wreed@myldsmail.net

1002 Amelia Station Way #202
Clayton, NC, 27520

Monday, January 12, 2015

I'm in Virginia!!

I made it! I'm finally in the mission field! It has been a crazy, rough couple of weeks. Saying goodbye to everyone at the CCM and especially my district was awful. Luckily, though, I got to fly most of the way with my district and then in Atlanta the Elders and Hermanas parted ways. The hardest part though was saying goodbye to my companion at the transfer meeting. So only two our of the five Hermanas were assigned to a Spanish speaking area. And...I'm one of them! The other ones have an English speaking ward and area but they still have to do their language study everyday. That would be so hard. Well, Spanish speaking is hard, but it will be a blessing. I was assigned to the Newport News North and Williamsburg area.

My first day we had two appointments that we went to that night. I didn't say anything except read a scripture from the Book of Mormon. The next couple of days were rough because I wanted to talk and say something, but my companion is so good at Spanish already I was afraid that I would look dumb because I didn't completely understand what they were talking about sometimes. Speaking of my companion...Her name is Hermana Camps which is funny because my last companion's name was Hermana Fields and campos means fields in Spanish. Anyway, she's from Moab, Utah and she just hit her 11 month mark in the mission field.

So Spanish has been getting me down these past couple of days, but yesterday was amazing. I had been praying so hard for the strength and confidence to open my mouth and just speak. Yesterday my prayers were answered. I got called up to bear my testimony in the Branch yesterday and I was able to say the things I wanted to say. And then during our lesson that night I taught almost all of the lesson on the Restoration. We taught this super nice couple named Jenny and Elizar. That was our first time teaching them and they seemed really interested. Elizar kept saying they want to come to church on Sunday so we'll see if they come. At the end of the lesson she fed us papousa which was really nice. So they're our new investigators!

Last night our district leader called and told us that our district has the highest numbers in the zone. So our district has two Elders and four Hermanas and we all are in the same Spanish branch. We cover different areas though of Newport News.

On Saturday we're moving apartments because our lease is about to end. So we're moving into the Elders apartment which is in the same apartment complex we're at now and the Elders are moving into a different apartment complex. I feel like it'll be a lot of confusion and chaos on Saturday with all the ward members and everyone trying to help, but I'm used to confusion and chaos. So my new address will be:

708 Bellows Way #204
Newport News, VA 23602

And now I can get letters! Well, I love you all. Thanks for your prayers and support. Por favor, pray for me to have the gift of tongues. Have a great week!

Hermana Reed

There's a picture of my district with one of our teachers. A picture with me and my other teacher. She's so cute. I love her. I found Melissa! I mean Hermana Christensen!

No comments:

Post a Comment