Sister Reed's Contact Info

wreed@myldsmail.net

1002 Amelia Station Way #202
Clayton, NC, 27520

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!! Almost.

I hope you all had a great Christmas! On the 23rd it rained! It hadn't rained the whole time I've been here so the rain was fun. We got to get out our umbrellas!! I'm still a child still so when we had our service on Christmas Eve we got to wear jeans and tennis shoes. On our way back home I jumped in a puddle because I just couldn´t resist. Another Hermana joined in the fun after awhile. I love the rain! Christmas morning though it was cold and dreary and I just wanted more than anything for the sun to come out. We went to an MTC devotional broadcast and when I walked outside it was sunny and beautiful!! It was my Christmas present from God.

So for Christmas we basically just watched devotionals all day. They were really good devotionals! But i thought would would have done something else. The best part about Christmas though was at night. We got to watch Meet the Mormons! I had never seen it before so I was really excited that I finally got to watch it. After the movie we went back to our classrooms and our district had a little Feliz Navidad fiesta. My companion's mom sent her sparkling cider so we popped it open and took pictures. Our Christmas presents were letters that we had written to each other. Our teacher told us to write about the Christ like attributes that we all have. When it was time to go home we took our letters and read them before bed. They were so sweet. Such good Christmas presents. 

This is my last week in the CCM! It's crazy! I fly out at 7:30 Tuesday morning which means we are leaving the CCM at 4 am! 

Sorry this email is short this week. My spiritual thought is on prayer.  We heard a lot about prayer this week and heard some cool stories. Elder Richard G. Scott was the speaker that we heard on Sunday for our weekly devotionals. He explained how God is waiting to hear from us. He will answer our prayers in the manner that will be best for our growth and development. When you have no desire to pray, pray. When you are feeling confused, alone, or in need of comfort, find a quiet place and pour out your heart to the Lord. He is there and He is listening. I want to testify that God hears our prayers. He answers them. I am gaining a bigger and bigger testimony on prayer each day on my mission. I have to rely on the Lord and I have faith that He will help me with all the things that I need to do. One day I was having terrible pains in class (they were cramps. Sorry for that little detail boys.) I couldn't concentrate on anything being said. We were about to start practice teaching and I had to teach a lesson. There was no way I would be able to think of words in Spanish let alone how to teach a lesson. Before I started I said a quick prayer and asked Heavenly Father to make this pain go away or at least make it not hurt as bad so that I can teach and focus on the lesson. As I was praying the pain instantly subsided. I'm starting to have more and more experiences of the Lord answering my prayers when I need them answered. God is good. He loves you all. I challenge you when you are feeling down, or frustrated, or stressed, or anxious, or lonely, or afraid, or in need of comfort, to pray to our Heavenly Father. I know that He will hear your prayers and answer them in a way that will best benefit you. 

I love you all! Have a Happy New Year!

Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment