Sister Reed's Contact Info

wreed@myldsmail.net

1002 Amelia Station Way #202
Clayton, NC, 27520

Monday, April 6, 2015

New Adventures Await



Hey y'all!

Well, I'm in North Carolina now and their thick Southern accents are getting to me. It's so hard to say yall! So we are focusing on the English work down here for now because there is a lot to do. We are the only missionaries in our ward and they have never had Sister missionaries before so they are all freaking out. We've gotten questions like "SO what are the rules with Sister Missionaries?" Well, pretty much the same as the Elders. We don't understand what the big deal is, but even the bishop told my mission president he doesn't know what to do with us. So we have a mix of emotions from the ward members with us being here, but for the most part they are excited to finally have sister missionaries. These members have been so kind. Every time we call them to ask a question or to check up they ask us is we have dinner that night. We are getting fed every. night! 

So we are focusing on the English work for now and boy, is it difficult. Teaching in English is not the same as teaching in Spanish. It's a different culture and different religious background. We are putting all of our in trust in the Lord because we have no clue how to talk to these people. Hopefully we'll be able to teach a few Hispanics as well, but we don't know where to find them here.

My new address is:
1002 Amelia Station Way #202
Clayton, NC 27520

General Conference was great! I hope you all had a chance to watch it. And I hope you had a great Easter. I am so grateful for my Savior and for His Atonement and His example. The words that come to my mind are from the hymn I Know That My Redeemer Lives. 
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

I love my Savior and I know that he is there for us every step our mortal journey. If you haven't seen the website or the video because of him you should look it up. It's on HeLives.mormon.org

I love you all!
Hermana Reed

#becausehelives

No comments:

Post a Comment